Solved: We bought a new home in 2018, but did not sell the original house. Where do I enter this information on the 1040?

dottiemsw

We bought a new home in 2018, but did not sell the original house. Where do I enter this information on the 1040?

Vanessa

The purchase of a home is not something that gives you a tax break other than mortgage interest or property taxes if you are claiming the standard deduction.  This is entered by clicking Federal>>Deductions and Credits>Show more next to your home>>Start next to 1098-T

Not selling your other home is not reportable, but you can enter your 1098-T from that home as well. 

Vanessa