turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

britix

WA State Vehicle registration fees can I also deduct this new tax labeled "T.B.D. - Edmonds" for 2017 that is listed on my tab renewal fees?

this is a new tax line for the city of Edmonds WA.  It's only label is "T.B.D. Edmonds for $20.00"

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DS30

WA State Vehicle registration fees can I also deduct this new tax labeled "T.B.D. - Edmonds" for 2017 that is listed on my tab renewal fees?

Unfortunately no  - Even though this TBD - Edmonds amount is a tax related to your city improvements (A TBD is a quasi-municipal corporation and independent taxing district created for the sole purpose of acquiring, constructing, improving, providing, and funding transportation improvements within the district), the only vehicle related fees that are considered deductible are those related to the value of the vehicle (and change based on the value).

This $20 amount is a flat fee and is not deductible.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DS30

Unfortunately no  - Even though this TBD - Edmonds amount is a tax related to your city improvements (A TBD is a quasi-municipal corporation and independent taxing district created for the sole purpose of acquiring, constructing, improving, providing, and funding transportation improvements within the district), the only vehicle related fees that are considered deductible are those related to the value of the vehicle (and change based on the value).

This $20 amount is a flat fee and is not deductible.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies