Solved: Vehicle registration

Vehicle registration

how can I go back and put my car registration in tax breaks?

Vehicle registration

Once logged into your return:

• Click Federal Taxes

• Click Deductions & Credits

• Scroll down to Cars and other things you own

• Click Start or revisit next to Car Registration Fees

Vehicle registration

Once logged into your return:

• Click Federal Taxes

• Click Deductions & Credits

Vehicle registration

Need more explaining about vehicle registration fee, is include every year to do that in tax prepared or just every time renewal such as once or every two years? As the Missouri, we get personal property tax every year and vehicle renewal is depend what people select year or two years license renewal. Also where the "vehicle registration fee" that we see or where find it in paperwork from the license office?

Vehicle registration

For 2018 (the standard deduction was doubled) and later, "vehicle registration"  is unlikely to provide any tax break.  It is only an itemized deduction.  Only the personal property tax portion of the vehicle registration is deductible.  Most states do not have that. 

Vehicle registration

that not explaining at all. I look at per.prop. record that I normally get every year and did not see the "vehicle registration fee" on it.

Vehicle registration

@DEAF4REAL wrote:

See this TurboTax support FAQ for information on vehicle registration fees - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/credits-and-deductions/help/is-my-car-registration-fee-deductible/...

Vehicle registration

I was able to input our Vehicle Registration Fee of $577 under 2019 Federal Taxes, Deduction Credits,

Car and Other Things, Car Registration Fees. But on the Review the Car registration Fee it showing $0.

Why? Turbo Tax suggested we are taking The standard deductions.

Franco de Castro

Vehicle registration

Vehicle registration fees are part of itemized deductions. You would only itemize if your total deductions are more than the standard deduction for your filing status. In 2019 the standard deduction amounts are as follows:

Single = $12,200

Married Filing Jointly = $24,400

Married Filing Separately = $12,200

Head of Household = $18,350