turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Upgrade to TT Live from Retail purchase of Premier

I purchased TT Premier from Costco but now want to have access to TT Live support. I see instructions that indicate if TT was purchased via CD/download, you can't upgrade. I find this hard to believe. Is there really no way to upgrade my purchase to get access to TT Live support. Can I return my original downloaded purchase (purchased on 12/26/2020) even if I've started my taxes on it? If so, how? and will I get credited for the amount already paid?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

TurboTax Live is available for TurboTax Online customers only. TurboTax Live isn't available in the TurboTax CD/Download software. Please see below for more information:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/choosing-a-product/help/how-do-i-get-turbotax-live/00/27305

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Very disappointed that there is no way to upgrade from a retail purchase to a TT Live.

Agree. This is bad customer support. Should be a way to upgrade to this product - especially if I've already basically completed my return on the retail version and have come across something that needs expert advise.

@dgraham1956 wrote:

Agree. This is bad customer support. Should be a way to upgrade to this product - especially if I've already basically completed my return on the retail version and have come across something that needs expert advise.

The programs are designed for different user experiences.  The desktop version is designed more for do-it-yourselfers.  The Live expert option and screen sharing are not integrated into the desktop version.   If you want to change to the Online experience (including Turbotax Live), you can use the satisfaction guarantee to get a refund of the price you paid for the desktop software. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/charges-and-fees/help/our-turbotax-satisfaction-guaranteed-refund-...

The satisfaction guarantee policy is officially limited to 60 days.  but since you are asking to upgrade from a $40 service to a $160 service, I suspect customer support could work something out if you called them.

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies