turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TurboTaxKarenJ said she posted a screen shot of the section related to entering Foreign Tax Paid from a Canadian NR4. How do I view that screen shot?

The answers are for prior versions and I think they are different than the version I am using. I need support for 2018 Premier Edition on CD.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

TurboTaxKarenJ said she posted a screen shot of the section related to entering Foreign Tax Paid from a Canadian NR4. How do I view that screen shot?

Screen shots are normally small little icons just below the answer. You just click on them.

However, I looked at her answer and she doesn't mention a screenshot. Were you perhaps thinking of another answer?  https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/7382478

She was replying to Dagestan 3 days ago. I don't know how this software works for communicating with responders.

Ah. Well, if she attached the screenshots (sometimes we forget), then you would see one or more small square icons (too small to read) under the answer. Click on one of them and it will expound in a box. If she attached more than one screenshot, then you will be able to progress through them using the left and right arrows (in the middle on the right side and left side of the image).

Thanks, I found the screenshot in the answer to the other person's question but it shows a screen that I have never seen in my version of TurboTax. I can follow all the steps to #10 and then my screens don't match her instructions. Could we be using different versions or did something I entered previously preclude me from seeing that screen?

You are using the Mac version of the desktop software. Most of the TurboTax people use Windows. And, yes, unfortunately, there can be differences. Also, I don't know what year those screenshots were for, and the software can also change year to year.

You should probably make a new post, this time asking "Using Premier on a Mac. Can anyone tell me the step by step process related to entering Foreign Tax Paid from a Canadian NR4 for a Mac user, using Mac screenshots, if possible?"

Well it's now October 10 and I still don't know how to enter the information from my NR4. I will try posting a new question as you suggest.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies