Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Honorable Louis L. Goldstein Volunteer Fire Subtraction Modification and Form 502SU

I noticed when filing that it says to attach a copy of my certification in order to receive the credit for this subtraction. Will Turbo tax create the Form 502SU or do I have to fill it out manually? If I need to, I'll mail it in manually, but I'd like to know if that necessary.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Anita01

Honorable Louis L. Goldstein Volunteer Fire Subtraction Modification and Form 502SU

TurboTax creates a 502SU form, but that's a form that contains a very long list of all sorts of adjustments to income, including this one.  Many of those adjustments require that you attach specific forms from the state as evidence that you qualify for the adjustment  Those forms come from different sources and require signatures from the issuing agency within the state. They're ancillary forms that you receive in the mail, usually, and have to attach to your return yourself and then mail in with your state return, which is what you'd do with this certificate.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Anita01

TurboTax creates a 502SU form, but that's a form that contains a very long list of all sorts of adjustments to income, including this one.  Many of those adjustments require that you attach specific forms from the state as evidence that you qualify for the adjustment  Those forms come from different sources and require signatures from the issuing agency within the state. They're ancillary forms that you receive in the mail, usually, and have to attach to your return yourself and then mail in with your state return, which is what you'd do with this certificate.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies