Turbo tax is stating I have excess contribution to HSA. HSA states I am not close to excess contributions for individual plan. How do we correct this?

Be certain to answer the HDHP questions in the HSA section. If you don't answer the question, the software will treat this as an excess.

Also, if you contributed to your HSA via payroll deductions only, then do not enter them again in the HSA section. Entry in the HSA section is for after-tax contributions only (you made them independent of your employer).