turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jsnews112

TT premier says I Don't have an ItsDeductible Account? I do and have correctly entered info etc. If I go to Its Deductible separately, I see my totals etc.

TT is saying I don't have an Its Deductible account? I can't import my info? Yet I can see my info at Its Deductible?  PS, I have TT Premier

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

TT premier says I Don't have an ItsDeductible Account? I do and have correctly entered info etc. If I go to Its Deductible separately, I see my totals etc.

Depends on whether you are using "Online" Premier..or Desktop Premier software.

Desktop Premier will access any ItsDeductible account

Online Premier will only access an ItsDeductible account that has the exact-same UserID as the tax account.
____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Depends on whether you are using "Online" Premier..or Desktop Premier software.

Desktop Premier will access any ItsDeductible account

Online Premier will only access an ItsDeductible account that has the exact-same UserID as the tax account.
____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
jsnews112

how to update either of the username/password of its deductible so it will sync?

If your tax account is in the Online software....then As far as I know you can't if i doesn't mach already

......if you try it will indicate that the UserID is in use....sorry..
jsnews112

SteamTrain, thanks for you quick reply. Unfortunately, this answer won't help me!  So I guess I loose these Its Deductible deductions this year?  Looks like I go back to an account next year, my time is worth the money I'll pay.  Or is it just that with the tax changes this year everything is a little discombobulated?   

Well, you lose the import, you can still re-enter them manually.

Next year, if you use the desktop software, you can import ItsDeductible form any UserID ItsDeductible account.  For Online......you'd either have to use that same old Tax account...or you can still use the new Online tax account, but you need to star inputting your 2019 charity stuff in the ITsDeductible account with the same UserID...…......(There is one, even if you have not used it yet.)

I ended up with two accounts -- Premier and Deluxe -- and cancelled Deluxe.  My data is in Premier and I can access it but when TurboTax tries to import it, TT looks unsuccessfully for Deluxe rather than Premier.  Is there some way to bet TT to look  for or find the Premier account rather than the Deluxe one?

There is no "Premier" vs "Deluxe"   for an ItsDeductible account, and its data.   All that matters (for folks using the Online tax software) is that the ItsDeductible account must have the same UserID as the Tax software account.  IF you've been entering data into ItsDeductible using a different UserID to log into it to enter charity data, then that won't download into your Premier file.

(Desktop users don't have this limitation)

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies