Trying to file for free. I meet all criteria. Unfo...

Trying to file for free. I meet all criteria. Unfortunately when I enter charitable donation that I can take this year, my return isn't free any more. Why?

It states that this year we can list up to $300 even if we take the standard deduction. Why is it affecting the free filing of my return.

DELETED

STOP ...  you may have started with the TT FREE version but were required to upgrade to deluxe at some point for some reason.   

GOOD NEWS ... if you are PATIENT and wait for the IRS site to open you CAN choose the TT option when you link in THRU the IRS site using the SAME UserID  and you will be rewarded as your progress will transfer over so you don't need to start again from scratch.

IRS link:     https://www.irs.gov/filing/free-file-do-your-federal-taxes-for-free

IRS Free File: Closed until January 2021

IRS Free File is closed for the 2020 tax season. Check back in January for Filing Season 2021 opening details.

For Filing Season 2021, you must make $72,000 or below to use one of the 10  IRS Free File partner offers.