turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

aucoin49

I have more than one 1099 and very little mileage for one business and a lot for another. How/where do I enter that?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DulceL

I have more than one 1099 and very little mileage for one business and a lot for another. How/where do I enter that?

To Enter Vehicle Mileage:

1. In your returnsearch for "Schedule C" on the top right of the screen.

2. Select the "Jump to Schedule C", option.

3. Enter in your business information, if you haven't already (type of self employment work, income, etc). You'll be prompted to enter in your 1099 forms here. Continue entering information on each screen until you get to the screen that reads: "What type of expenses did you have for (job name here)?" Select vehicle and you will be prompted to enter mileage, gas, oil changes, etc. 

Note: After completing one business entry, it'll allow you to add another Schedule C for your other business.  If you have entered both of your businesses before, please skip to number 4.  

4.  If you've already entered your business information, you'll land on a "Here's your work summary" page after jumping to Schedule C. 

5.  Select "Edit" next to the business you would like to enter vehicle mileage for. 

6.  In the next window, under your Expenses select "Edit" next to vehicle. You will be able to enter mileage, gas, oil changes, etc.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DulceL

To Enter Vehicle Mileage:

1. In your returnsearch for "Schedule C" on the top right of the screen.

2. Select the "Jump to Schedule C", option.

3. Enter in your business information, if you haven't already (type of self employment work, income, etc). You'll be prompted to enter in your 1099 forms here. Continue entering information on each screen until you get to the screen that reads: "What type of expenses did you have for (job name here)?" Select vehicle and you will be prompted to enter mileage, gas, oil changes, etc. 

Note: After completing one business entry, it'll allow you to add another Schedule C for your other business.  If you have entered both of your businesses before, please skip to number 4.  

4.  If you've already entered your business information, you'll land on a "Here's your work summary" page after jumping to Schedule C. 

5.  Select "Edit" next to the business you would like to enter vehicle mileage for. 

6.  In the next window, under your Expenses select "Edit" next to vehicle. You will be able to enter mileage, gas, oil changes, etc.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies