I need to be able to add a real boat not a toy in the deduction. How do I complete that?
To add a boat as a noncash charitable donations to your return, please follow these steps:
- Click on Federal > Deductions & Credits
- In the Charitable Donations section, click on the Start/Revisit box next to Donations to Charity in 2016. [If you tracked your donations in ItsDeductible click on the Start/Revisit box next to Import from ItsDeductible Online.]
- If you haven't entered any information yet on your donations, you will see a Donations screen click the Yes box.
- If you've already started entering information on charitable donations, you will see a screen to Review All Your Charities. You can click on the Edit box next to the charity name or Add Another Charity to add a new donation.
- On the screen, Let's enter your donations one at a time, enter the name of the charity and click the Add box next to the type of donation. In your case, Items.
- On the next screen, How Do You Want to Value Your Donations:
- If you haven't already calculated the value of your donations, TurboTax will help, using values from Its Deductible. Click on the Guide Me box.
- If you've already put a value on your donations, click on the I'll Value Them box.
7. On the screen, Choose a category for this donation, mark the radio button next to Car, boat or airplane.
8. Continue through the screens, entering the requested information.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Still have questions?Make a post