turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

null24

Can my husband deduct his mileage and/or time spent volunteer coaching for youth hockey team?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Can my husband deduct his mileage and/or time spent volunteer coaching for youth hockey team?

Time - No. Personal/professional time working for any charity is Not deductible.

Mileage - Yes, but probably not worth the effort. You only get 14 cents per mile, And you have to have records to prove it, normally endorsed by an official of the qualified charity. Counts as a cash donation after you prepare it, and as with all donations - no deduction if you don't itemize. IRS Pub 526 applies ...

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Time - No. Personal/professional time working for any charity is Not deductible.

Mileage - Yes, but probably not worth the effort. You only get 14 cents per mile, And you have to have records to prove it, normally endorsed by an official of the qualified charity. Counts as a cash donation after you prepare it, and as with all donations - no deduction if you don't itemize. IRS Pub 526 applies ...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies