• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dobson1230

The system is telling me we don't qualify for EIC because our son did not live with us for more than half of the year. That is not correct and conflicts with entered info

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Patrice

The system is telling me we don't qualify for EIC because our son did not live with us for more than half of the year. That is not correct and conflicts with entered info

If your son was born in 2016 make sure that you answered that he lived with you all year in TurboTax (in the dependent section).  Use the option the Whole Year instead of reporting the number of months that your son was physically living in the home.  Please review the dependent section again to verify that you entered the information about your son accurately.

(see attached screenshot)

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Patrice

If your son was born in 2016 make sure that you answered that he lived with you all year in TurboTax (in the dependent section).  Use the option the Whole Year instead of reporting the number of months that your son was physically living in the home.  Please review the dependent section again to verify that you entered the information about your son accurately.

(see attached screenshot)

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v