The statement I got from my child's child care provider includes the fees from her sports team tuition and uniform. Can I include this in the child care expenses?

tashadelgado9228

Patrice

It depends. You can include in dependent care expenses fees for a sports camp if the purpose of the camp is to provide care for a qualifying child. However, individual fees charged for sports lessons are not reimbursable if separated from the cost of the care. Overnight sports camps are not covered.

However, the component of the expense related to the daycare portion is eligible for reimbursement when broken out from the total camp fee.