Mikeroony

The IRS did not accept my EIC, how do I appeal their decision?

I need to appeal the IRS decision.  I have a valid case
RayW7

If your Earned Income Credit (EIC) was disallowed or reduced for something  other than a math or clerical error, you may need to file Form 8862 before the IRS allows you to use the credit again. Here's how to file Form 8862 in TurboTax.

1. Sign in to TurboTax and continue to open your return.
  2. In the search box, search for 8862 and then select the Jump to link at the top of the search results.
  3. You'll come to the Earned Income Credit section. Select Continue.
  4. Answer the questions and eventually you'll be asked Do any of these uncommon situations apply? Check the box that says, I/we got a letter/notice from the IRS telling me/us to fill out an 8862 form to claim the Earned Income Credit.
  5. Select Continue and then Done.
  6. On the Since you got an IRS notice, we need to check on a few things screen, select the radio button next to No, none of these apply and I need to fill out the 8862 form.
  7. Select Continue.
  8. Answer the remaining questions.
macuser_22

For what year?   The IRS is not accepting 2020 tax returns yet - they do not open until Feb 12.

Did you receive a IRS letter?  - It should tell you how to dispute it.