Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jdunnigan

How do I file the Georgia Qualified Rural Hospital Tax Credit for donation that I made?

This is a newly approved tax credit that I am trying to claim on my state taxes. Do I have to file a paper state tax return with the forms attached. If so can I efile my federal and then print and submit state taxes or does it all need to be done the same way?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

How do I file the Georgia Qualified Rural Hospital Tax Credit for donation that I made?

Go to this link for a power point presentation on how to enter the credit information:   
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.georgiaheart.org/library/doclib/2018/02/How-to-Claim-the-QRHOE-Tax-Credit-using-TurboTax...>
AnnetteB
Intuit Alumni

The information for the Georgia Qualified Rural Hospital Tax Credit can be found in the GA tax return by going to the page titled, “Take a look at Georgia credits” and scrolling down to the Other Credits section and clicking Start or Update beside Individual and Business Credits.

You will enter the credit code number 136 in the drop down box and fill in your other information about the credit.

According to the information on screen, the return must be electronically filed to claim the credit.

Be sure to take a look at the PowerPoint presentation provided in the link above by TurboTax KatherineC.  It contains another important step to take if you took a deduction on your Federal return for your contribution.  You will need to make an additional adjustment on your GA return to account for the deduction. 

[edited 3/18/18 | 11:01 am PST]

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies