The following TurboTax versions support form 2106 where you can enter one or more vehicles and related expenses.
- TurboTax Online Deluxe, Premier and Self-employed
- TurboTax CD\Download Deluxe, Premier and Home & Business.
- What's the difference between TurboTax Online and the TurboTax CD/Download?
Job-related expenses are reported on Form 2106 (Employee Business Expenses).
- Open (continue) your return in TurboTax if it's not already open.
- Online versions: Make sure you've gone past the blue Simple and accurate screen.
- In TurboTax, search for 2106 and then click or tap the "Jump to" link in the search results.
- At the Tell us about the occupation you have expenses for screen, enter your occupation, then click or tap Continue.
If you land on the Job-Related Expenses Summary screen instead, you can either select Edit (for an existing job) or Add Another Occupation (for a new one).
Tip: If the only work-related use of your car is commuting back and forth between your home and main workplace, don't enter any vehicle mileage or expenses. The IRS doesn't let employees deduct commuting costs.