liangxhpz2004

The dependent care should be $6000 for two kids (for no dependent care support from the company), but turbotax only allows $5000 for two kids. Any one know why?

CarolynM

The Child and Dependent Care Tax Credit is non refundable and reduced at certain income levels. 

Without access to your tax return, I can only suspect one or both of these are the reason your credit has been limited.

For more information, follow this link: IRS on Child and Dependent Care Credit

liangxhpz2004

Turbotax figured that I got $4000 for child care tax credit for two kids. I put $5800 for dependent care, and used it up in 2018. Now TurboTax figured out that the wage on from 1040 was $800 higher than the original wages on W2. Where is this $800 from?
liangxhpz2004