I'm not sure if i ever received american hope credit??

The American Opportunity Credit (formerly the Hope Credit) provides up to $2,500 for each eligible student per year. It can be claimed for the first four years of post-secondary education.

If you had claimed any amount of this credit in previous years, the amount claimed would be documented at the bottom of Form 8863, Page 2. 

If you used a TurboTax Online account to file a prior or current year return, you'll have this information on your Tax Timeline. 

1. Sign in and load My Tax Timeline (you may have to choose this from the My TurboTax drop-down in the upper-left)

2. Select the year you wish to access, then choose Download/Print Return (PDF)

3. If you don't see the year you'd like to access, click the Load My Tax Timeline link along the bottom-right of the timeline 

4. Once you've opened the PDF, scan the document until you find Form 8863. If it isn't there, you didn't claim any education credits for that tax year.

Note: This feature will be locked if any unpaid version of TurboTax was used to file in a prior year, or if you haven't yet filed your current year return. If you need help upgrading, click here. If you need to pay for TurboTax Online, go here.

If any CD/Download version of TurboTax was used to file, the information prepared is only stored in your personal files. You may request an exact copy of your return from the IRS for a fee. You can also request a tax return transcript at no charge. For either, see here: https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901218-can-i-get-a-copy-of-my-tax-return-from-the-irs

Note: If you need any assistance printing off your return, see here (payment/registration may be required)