turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Thank you for your feedback. That is exactly what I did. I chose "none" on each month of 2016 regarding the HDHP, although the software does not allow me to keep going.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for your feedback. That is exactly what I did. I chose "none" on each month of 2016 regarding the HDHP, although the software does not allow me to keep going.

If someone (me?) told you to do this because you were ineligible to receive to contribute to your HSA all last year and had taken steps to withdraw the contributions as a Mistaken Contribution, then this worked for me in my tests.

First, when you enter "None" for each month, you are offered to Calculate button.

Then, when you hit this button, you are told your annual contributions limit (should be $0).

Then you need to hit Continue. Note that on the online version, this may be off the bottom of your screen so you may have to scroll to see it.

In my tests (both online and desktop), this worked fine, and soon I saw a screen that asked me how I wanted to handle the Excess (you want to withdraw it all before April 18th).

If you saw something else, please put it in the Comments.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

If someone (me?) told you to do this because you were ineligible to receive to contribute to your HSA all last year and had taken steps to withdraw the contributions as a Mistaken Contribution, then this worked for me in my tests.

First, when you enter "None" for each month, you are offered to Calculate button.

Then, when you hit this button, you are told your annual contributions limit (should be $0).

Then you need to hit Continue. Note that on the online version, this may be off the bottom of your screen so you may have to scroll to see it.

In my tests (both online and desktop), this worked fine, and soon I saw a screen that asked me how I wanted to handle the Excess (you want to withdraw it all before April 18th).

If you saw something else, please put it in the Comments.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies