turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

slee

TT says I have taxes from investment credit property recapture (1040 line 62 code ICR) however this is incorrect and I cannot get it to change. Web version

TurboTax is indicating that I owe taxes from investment credit property recapture (1040 line 62 code ICR) however this is incorrect (never earned an ICR to recapture) and I cannot get it to change. How do I fix this? Am using online Premier version.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

TT says I have taxes from investment credit property recapture (1040 line 62 code ICR) however this is incorrect and I cannot get it to change. Web version

Delete Form 4255 Recapture of Investment Credit.  Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the screen.  Click on Tools.  Click on Delete a form

See this TurboTax support FAQ for the error - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4501975-investment-recapture-credit-form-4255-causing-rejection-er...

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Delete Form 4255 Recapture of Investment Credit.  Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the screen.  Click on Tools.  Click on Delete a form

See this TurboTax support FAQ for the error - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4501975-investment-recapture-credit-form-4255-causing-rejection-er...

vmd1

There has to be a glitch in the software was receiving that tonight too.  

This fixed it for me.  Awesome...thanks!!!
carmenc

Deleting form 4255 worked for me too. Thanks DoninGA!

Thank you all so much for posting this! Even TT's own directions on how to fix it didn't work, but this did. Thanks again!!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies