Solved: Tax Credit

yu0106

Tax Credit

Do I still pay back tax credit of my health insurance since government changed about tax return?

LeonardS

Tax Credit

This link Filing and Payment Deadlines Questions and Answers  has information you may find helpful.  It does not specify that repayment of excess Premium Tax Credit will be forgiven.

ColeenD3

Tax Credit

Are you referring to the Premium Tax Credit? The law regarding it has not changed. The only thing that has changed is that you are no longer penalized for not having insurance on your tax return.

If you took a larger credit that you were entitled to, you must pay it back.

yu0106

Tax Credit

Yes. I know that there is no penalty not having health insurance.

This morning President Trump repeated no penalty for tax return. There is no detail.

BillM223

Tax Credit

Colleen is correct that there has been no announced change to how the Premium Tax Credit is handled, and I doubt that this will change.

I do not know what the President may have said, but it seems most likely that he was referring only to no penalty for filing "late" (i.e., after April 15th).

yu0106

Tax Credit

You do not know what the president may have said. Then can you search it and can you tell me?

Your answer is nothing if you do not know. I'm sorry, but you know I'm not professional. Therefore, you have to tell me after you find out. I cannot find by myself because I do not have right words to google it. Please break down more and explain to me.

LeonardS

Tax Credit

yu0106

Tax Credit

Thank you, LeonardS. 

The link shows me it does not say about it. It may change again, but for now probably I have to pay back.

Also, I found a good Q&A.