Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

In some of the set up questions, it asked for the amount of depreciation taken already on a piece of property. That figure is wrong and I need to change it. How?

This is a piece of property that had been used by me for another business for several years.  I have been depreciating it but this year have a new computer, so Turbo cannot see  the old information.  When it asked for the amount depreciated already, I put in a wrong figure and need to correct it.  I don't know how to get back to that area.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

In some of the set up questions, it asked for the amount of depreciation taken already on a piece of property. That figure is wrong and I need to change it. How?

Sure. Click on the Business tab in the top header bar, Continue, I'll choose what I work on. Now you will select the Rental or Business this asset was entered into by clicking Update. Then Edit your Rental or Business. If this is a rental you will have about two questions to answer before you get to the Edit tab. Once you are in your Rental section scroll down to Sale of Property/Depreciation, click Update. If you are in your Business section scroll down to Business Assets, click Update.

Once you find your Asset Summary, Edit the asset that needs review.

The page snip below is for farm assets but each section looks similar;

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Sure. Click on the Business tab in the top header bar, Continue, I'll choose what I work on. Now you will select the Rental or Business this asset was entered into by clicking Update. Then Edit your Rental or Business. If this is a rental you will have about two questions to answer before you get to the Edit tab. Once you are in your Rental section scroll down to Sale of Property/Depreciation, click Update. If you are in your Business section scroll down to Business Assets, click Update.

Once you find your Asset Summary, Edit the asset that needs review.

The page snip below is for farm assets but each section looks similar;

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies