ddm1

Software will not accept input for medical travel expenses

Software will not accept input for medical travel expenses, Mileage

Miles driven to get medical care     0

Value remains  "0" with input box shaded red. no matter what value is inputted and shown in tally on Supporting Details Window for this input line

getting this error "Value must be greater than 0 " in red font, 

BUT, >>>

The numbers inputted per above do show up on the " medical expenses worksheet , Line 9 a

Bottom Line, 

The Interrogation for Medical expenses will not advance no matter what I do to this input box, numbers inputted per above do show up on the " medical expenses worksheet , Line 9 a

linda634

I had the same issue - stuck on that medical miles sheet.  I then chose the "topic list" at the top of that page, clicked on the next topic to be completed, used the 'back' button which got me to that same medical questions area.  'Continue'd thru them and when I got to the miles sheet, it had filled in the miles I had totaled on the Supporting Detail window.  I could then continue on. This worked for me, hopefully it will work for you.  I'm no expert, just someone trying to do my taxes.

linda634

linda634

johnnydogmatic

STILL NOT FIXED IN TURBOTAX 2020

......but this brilliant solution works!

The 2020  Sch A is not fully operational yet ... expected to be sometime about 1/21. 

EIM

Today is 04/08/2021 ant it's still not working, but we have an extra month to get around it.

Cynthiad66

Thank you for your patience, however we are still working to finalize the Schedule A deductions in collaboration with the IRS.  We cannot make a move until IRS has finalized all of their programming then we can do TurboTax updates or changes.

Lashay111

Work around for MAC users: While on the Miles Driven question hit the Details option at the top left of the screen and entered the mileage there. Then click topic search to select the next screen. Finally went back to the section and the mileage was entered.