Solved: Smart Check is telling me to enter Child's Taxable Interest. I don't have any dependent children. It wants child name, SSN and interest income. How do I fix this?
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Smart Check is telling me to enter Child's Taxable Interest. I don't have any dependent children. It wants child name, SSN and interest income. How do I fix this?

The form it is asking me to fill out is 8814

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Employee Tax Expert

Smart Check is telling me to enter Child's Taxable Interest. I don't have any dependent children. It wants child name, SSN and interest income. How do I fix this?

Since you are using a Desktop version of TurboTax, you have the ability to see all of the forms in your return. Deleting the Form 8814 that's in your return, and any related forms or worksheets that  may have created the Form 8814 should get rid of this error.

1. Switch to the Forms Mode.Click the icon located in the upper right hand corner,
  2. On the left side of your screen, under Forms in My Return, locate the Form 8814 and open it.
  3. On the bottom left side of your form, choose Delete Form.
  4. Go through the list and see if there are any other forms that relate to this issue.
  5. Run Smart Check again.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Employee Tax Expert

Since you are using a Desktop version of TurboTax, you have the ability to see all of the forms in your return. Deleting the Form 8814 that's in your return, and any related forms or worksheets that  may have created the Form 8814 should get rid of this error.

1. Switch to the Forms Mode.Click the icon located in the upper right hand corner,
  2. On the left side of your screen, under Forms in My Return, locate the Form 8814 and open it.
  3. On the bottom left side of your form, choose Delete Form.
  4. Go through the list and see if there are any other forms that relate to this issue.
  5. Run Smart Check again.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

Privacy Settings