I started using home office since June 2011 but never deducted home office expense. What do I enter as "First day used for business" on the Employee Home Office Worksheet

I work from home full time and started using a home office since June 2011, but never deducted home office expense. What do I enter as "First day used for business" on the Employee Home Office Worksheet? If I enter 06/07/2011 then the interview will ask how home office expenses were entered for 2015. Since I did not deduct home office expense, I cannot select either of the options (actual expense vs simplified deduction).
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

DDollar

Since you did not take the deduction in the past just use January 1, 2016.   There's no relevance for entering the date other than allocating a portion of this year.

DDollar

Thank you!