Should I take sect. 179 deduction?if I take the deduction its in full?But I dont owe much for taxes and wonder if its better to stretch the expense over few years instead
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Should I take sect. 179 deduction?if I take the deduction its in full?But I dont owe much for taxes and wonder if its better to stretch the expense over few years instead

2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 4

You have the option to take whatever amount of sect.179 deduction that is available to you.  This is a business decision that you will have to make based upon what is best for your situation. You may want to consider only taking a sect. 179 deduction that reduces your tax liability in 2018 to zero and utilize the balance in future years.  

Highlighted

Thanks for your reply. Is there a limit on the number of future years that I can use the balance?
v
Privacy Settings