Solved: Should I enter the amount I've paid for doctors fees aka "Your Share" or can I use the "Plan Approved" or "Plans Share" amounts as medical professionals fees?

Should I enter the amount I've paid for doctors fees aka "Your Share" or can I use the "Plan Approved" or "Plans Share" amounts as medical professionals fees?

I'm using a Medicare HMO plan which issues monthly statements with the "Plans Share", "Your Share" and "Total Cost (amount the plan has approved). When entering 'medical professional fees', which of the three categories should I report - my share, the plans share or the total cost?

When entering your medical expenses into your tax return, you only consider the portion of the expense that you paid out of your own pocket.  So in your case, you would enter "Your Share" amounts.  Any amounts paid by your insurance are not considered to have been paid by you.