turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Rideshare (lyft)

Didn't make enough to get a 1099-MISC last year, what do I enter for the EIN for lyft?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
DianeW
Expert Alumni

Rideshare (lyft)

It's not necessary to enter the EIN or a Form 1099-MISC if you didn't get one.  Follow the steps below while you are logged into TurboTax Deluxe:

• My Account > Tools > Topic Search > Type business > Go
  • Click the screenshot attached to enlarge and view for assistance.

If you get a question about the 1099-MISC check that you did not receive one, then proceed to enter the income.  If you have no expenses this version will work for you, if you do have expenses then TurboTax Self Employed will work for you.

Be sure to delete any income entry when you get to the first screen after Go. I deleted all my previous entries for self employment income.  There is no EIN entry requirement.

Rideshare (lyft)

That doesn't work. It is still asking me to enter in the EIN, and does not have anywhere for me to put that I did not receive one.
DianeW
Expert Alumni

Rideshare (lyft)

Delete the 1099misc and then follow the steps.

Rideshare (lyft)

It still is asking me to complete the EIN this way. I only have the three options when entering in the info for this. 1099-MISC which obviously requires all that information, Additional Income which is asking me the EIN (this is where TurboTax suggested I put it) and Uncommon Income which this does not fit into. There is no other place, or way I can see to tell it that I did not receive a 1099
DianeW
Expert Alumni

Rideshare (lyft)

I have attached a step by step in your version, delete any entry you have so far and start over.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies