turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sportive

Reporting Error in TurboTax for City Income Tax Moving Expense Deductions

I am trying to report an error in TurboTax. I moved this last year away from City X for work. I entered these moving expenses in TurboTax. These moving expenses were correctly applied to my new state's income tax form.

TurboTax did not ask whether I moved to or from City X when working on the city income tax form. Moving expenses can only be deducted when moving to the city. As such, this information was submitted incorrectly to the city, and I had to resolve it with them.

There appears to be no way to file a technical bug for TurboTax. I contacted support and was provided a form, which promptly crashed upon submission. I am happy to provide more information directly to support, but would like to avoid specifics in a public forum.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

You would have to contact TurboTax support directly again for assistance: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/how-do-i-contact-turbotax/00/26991

I will pass your comments on to the Turbotax person who monitors this site.

sportive

As I mentioned, I contacted support through that exact process, as it appears to be the only way to contact any sort of support. While on the call with support, the representative I was talking to sent me a form that was supposed to provide my feedback to technical staff. This form has not been updated since TurboTax 2010, and also crashed when I submitted it. I am unsure what contacting the same support line again would do for me as they appear to be customer support, not technical, but I am happy to do so.

I appreciate you passing my comments on. Thank you.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies