MaRan

recovery rebate credit calculation appears wrong

I'm filing for my mother-in-law you died 11/21/20. Her husband died in 2018 but she received the first stimulus check in 5/20 for $2400. Check was made out to her only but must have based on joint 2018 return. I enter $2400 for 1st and 0 for the 2nd, and I've entered her death date, but a $600 credit is calculated.  This appears wrong based on the date she died, and how can I fix?

The $600 is correct.  If a person passed away in 2020 then they are still eligible for the stimulus payment.

raxtman79

So you are saying that if my father-in-law passed away in July 2020, my mother-in-law filing a joint return that got 2400.00 for the 2 of them in round one, and 600.00 in round 2 should get 600.00 for her spouse even though he passed during the 2020 year?

@raxtman79 wrote:

Yes.  That is correct.