turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dbtn123

Recommended taxable value of donations. Do you have a list of what a shirt or slacks I can claim for the donation

how do I evaluate the value of my donation?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
LindaA
Expert Alumni

Recommended taxable value of donations. Do you have a list of what a shirt or slacks I can claim for the donation

TurboTax will help you estimate the value of your donated items.

If you're using ItsDeductible, a free TurboTax online tool which lets you track your charitable contributions, you'll be given IRS-approved values for your donations. You may import your donations from ItsDeductible into TurboTax when you prepare your tax return. 

The TurboTax program itself can help determine the value of donations that you enter directly. Just be sure to choose the Guide me option when entering the donations. As you continue through the program, you'll enter your donations in a table that includes acceptable values for the items. For example, in the sample screenshot below a person has entered three flannel shirts that were donated to a charitable organization. (Click the screenshot to enlarge it.)   

For more information, please see the TurboTax Tax Tip How to Estimate the Value of Clothing for IRS Deductions.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies