Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

b00mer_7

Received 1099-MISC for payment for coaching soccer for a non-profit club. Where do I enter mileage and isn't it a higher than flat rate since I'm paid by the non-profit?

Paid soccer coach for non-profit soccer club.  Received 1099-Misc. Will be paid in 2015 and 16.  Trying to find out where I enter mileage expenses.  In Business Income/Expenses or in Charitable Donations?  Also as an employee of a non-profit, aren't I able to write-off mileage at higher rate than the flat rate of .14 a mile?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
LeeM

Received 1099-MISC for payment for coaching soccer for a non-profit club. Where do I enter mileage and isn't it a higher than flat rate since I'm paid by the non-profit?

I would enter the 1099-MISC as if it were your own business. Your income and expenses would be then reported on a Schedule C.

You can deduct your mileage at $.575/mile as well as other expenses such as uniforms, etc. that were necessary for your coaching.

You would need to enter your income and expenses associated with earning that income by following the directions below:

1. Select Federal Taxes then Continue
  2. Select Wages and Income
  3. Select I'll choose what I work on
  4. Select Business Income and Expenses (Sch C) from under the Business Items section

You can then walk through the interview to enter your income and expenses related to your business on Schedule C.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
LeeM

I would enter the 1099-MISC as if it were your own business. Your income and expenses would be then reported on a Schedule C.

You can deduct your mileage at $.575/mile as well as other expenses such as uniforms, etc. that were necessary for your coaching.

You would need to enter your income and expenses associated with earning that income by following the directions below:

1. Select Federal Taxes then Continue
  2. Select Wages and Income
  3. Select I'll choose what I work on
  4. Select Business Income and Expenses (Sch C) from under the Business Items section

You can then walk through the interview to enter your income and expenses related to your business on Schedule C.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies