b00mer_7

Received 1099-MISC for payment for coaching soccer for a non-profit club. Where do I enter mileage and isn't it a higher than flat rate since I'm paid by the non-profit?

Paid soccer coach for non-profit soccer club.  Received 1099-Misc. Will be paid in 2015 and 16.  Trying to find out where I enter mileage expenses.  In Business Income/Expenses or in Charitable Donations?  Also as an employee of a non-profit, aren't I able to write-off mileage at higher rate than the flat rate of .14 a mile?

LeeM

I would enter the 1099-MISC as if it were your own business. Your income and expenses would be then reported on a Schedule C.

You can deduct your mileage at $.575/mile as well as other expenses such as uniforms, etc. that were necessary for your coaching.

You would need to enter your income and expenses associated with earning that income by following the directions below:

1. Select Federal Taxes then Continue
  2. Select Wages and Income
  3. Select I'll choose what I work on
  4. Select Business Income and Expenses (Sch C) from under the Business Items section

You can then walk through the interview to enter your income and expenses related to your business on Schedule C.

LeeM

1. Select Federal Taxes then Continue
  2. Select Wages and Income
  3. Select I'll choose what I work on