turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

JoeD_CPA_CFP
Employee Tax & Finance Expert

Would you like to help spread the news about the advanced Child Tax Credit?

The IRS will be releasing additional materials and information that can be easily shared by social media, email, and other methods. The IRS urges employers, community groups, non-profits, associations, education groups, and anyone else with connections to people with children to share this critical information about advance Child Tax Credit payments and the Child Tax Credit expansions for the 2021 tax year. 

Share this link 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JoeD_CPA_CFP

Share on facebook too

View solution in original post

5 Replies
JoeD_CPA_CFP

Share on facebook too

But one question what about parents that do every other year so the parent that didn't claim a child for the EIC credit this year in 2020 but will get to for 2021. they don't get this credit even though it's this claiming them and have claimed them in 2019.

If the child will be reported on the other parent's return for 2021 then the parent who claimed on the 2020 return and is getting the advance payments should OPT OUT  ASAP since they will need to repay the advance payments on the 2021 return if they don't get the credit.

The parent who claims the dependent on the 2021 return will get the credit on the 2021 return   OR  eventually they may be able to use the IRS portal to indicate the dependent  will be claimed by them to get some of the credit in advance.

READ all the FAQs here :  https://www.irs.gov/credits-deductions/advance-child-tax-credit-payments-in-2021

vavilez

I want to know why I haven’t got my child tax credit if I did my taxes ans got my stimulus checks n everything is their something I didn’t do right that’s why I haven’t got it I want to know because I can use the extra money 

@vavilez wrote:

I want to know why I haven’t got my child tax credit if I did my taxes ans got my stimulus checks n everything is their something I didn’t do right that’s why I haven’t got it I want to know because I can use the extra money 

No one from TurboTax will know why you have not received the advance Child Tax Credit.  The advance is being distributed by the IRS based on the information they have available.

Go to this IRS website for advance Child Tax Credit FAQ's - https://www.irs.gov/credits-deductions/2021-child-tax-credit-and-advance-child-tax-credit-payments-f...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies