turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Deductions & credits
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
Everyone knows there are tax benefits to having children and dependents and some are pretty amazing! If you’ve ever had questions about the popular Child Tax Credit (CTC) or Earned Income Credit (EIC), this is the place to be! TurboTax does the think... read more
Employee Tax Expert KarenL ‎Posted March 1, 2024
It seems the most popular question at tax time is “Can I deduct this…?”. Of course you don’t want to pay more taxes than you need to; and you want to get all the tax deductions and credits you’re entitled to take. The resources below have helped many... read more
Employee Tax Expert KarenL ‎Posted January 18, 2024
I have some bonus for foreign insurance policy and I have reported that on form 8938. Is bonus considered gains or interest? Where should I report this on 1040? Is it similar to how we report stock gains i.e. on Schedule D? How to do that on Turbotax... read more
sourav93 ‎Posted Saturday | Latest post 23m ago by pk
So I opened a joint bank account under my daughter's name with her as the primary owner and it's under her SS# and she is under 10 years. I file her as my dependent on my yearly taxes. She currently few thousand in her account that was transfer over ... read more
annie8508 ‎Posted 4 hours ago | Latest post 4 hours ago by annie8508
Vehicle Expenses Worksheet State prior depreciation (XX) should be blank. Can I add a federal amount ?
Sandy55 ‎Posted Monday | Latest post 4 hours ago by Vanessa A
I recently filed my taxes and everything went fine. unfortunately I made a slight mistake and named myself a dependent under my parents when I would be classified under independent. my tax return was filed and accepted as were my parents who filed bu... read more
Wilzen ‎Posted 5 hours ago | Latest post 4 hours ago by DoninGA
Hello. I am a real estate professional actively engaged in business. I inherited a condo in 2022 and throughout 2023 I personally made both improvements and repairs to the property. I also had less income than expenses in 2023 - i.e., the repairs and... read more
buly ‎Posted Thursday | Latest post 5 hours ago by buly
Hi , i used turbo tax software .Tax Year 2020 form 4797 sales and disposition of business property part 1 line 7 was a loss off $ - 42447.00. from line 7 computer automatically moved loss to part 2 line 11 and from there to line 17 and finally to lin... read more
Dubostica ‎Posted Thursday | Latest post 5 hours ago by PatriciaV
I am having an issue with the software where it asks questions about dependents. When it gets to the section and asks Was he a Full-Time student in 2023? If you are truthful and say no it removes him from every aspect of the dependent. If you say yes... read more
silentzypher ‎Posted 6 hours ago | Latest post 5 hours ago by DoninGA
Hi,This is for Tax Year 2023 using TurboTax Home & Business Desktop (Mac).Problem: TurboTax calculates by Foreign Tax Credit to be $0. Here's my situation:I received bank interest from some foreign banks. I paid foreign income tax on the bank interes... read more
gmangesh ‎Posted Wednesday | Latest post 6 hours ago by pk
how does the IRS define one to be an expat? I have NOT renounced citizenship, but i simply reside/lived outside the US for more than 330 days of the year. When i file, I still use a US address though. Does this mean i get an automatic extension or do... read more
ericgrosman ‎Posted Friday | Latest post 6 hours ago by pk
I am an author who prints and drop ships new books to a 501c3 that takes the books and distributes them as part of their mission. The donated books are not resold. These books are also available at retail online and have a verifiable retail value the... read more
dadmanx4 ‎Posted Thursday | Latest post 7 hours ago by Opus 17
If I receive $70K gift from parents in a foreign country and my spouse receives $80K as well. Do we need to file Form 3520? If Yes, does this form need to be submitted with tax return or can be submitted before tax filing? (e.g. If money is received ... read more
ImmigrantUser ‎Posted 8 hours ago | Latest post 7 hours ago by SusanY1
Hello, I was trying to buy a new construction property as an investment and a rental house. I spent $20,000 for earnest money and $30,000 as deco deposit. However the transaction failed since the interest rates kept high and I terminated the transact... read more
hiakiu ‎Posted a week ago | Latest post 7 hours ago by Kaluk
grligirl1 ‎Posted May 31, 2019 | Latest post 7 hours ago by Kaluk
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Top Contributors
Manage cookies