Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jayhawk_93
Returning Member

TurboTax Deluxe says Form 8889-T Not Ready, But Forms Availability Page Says It's Available

I'm using TurboTax Deluxe and can't file. It says government is still working on the form.  However, checking the form availability page from this site:

https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_fed_windows_individual.htm...

both 8889-T and 8889-S are listed as available.

How can I resolve this issue?

Thanks!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

TurboTax Deluxe says Form 8889-T Not Ready, But Forms Availability Page Says It's Available

8889-T and 8889-S has been available for quite some time.

Are yiu using the CD/download version?   If so you need to update.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
jayhawk_93
Returning Member

I'm using the Download version for windows.  I've checked for updates and none are available.

The current version is R15.1

See this TurboTax article:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/updating/help/manually-update-turbotax-for-windows-software-basic-...

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
jayhawk_93
Returning Member

Thanks!  Giving that a try now.

dmertz
Level 15

Actually, the current version is R16.1, released yesterday, but either version will have the released Forms 8889.

The manual-update link for R16.1 for Windows:

http://patchdelivery.turbotax.intuit.com/w_perrelsuperpatch_ttax_2020.161.0101.exe

Intuit has been really bad this year about updating the web page with the manual-update link.

jayhawk_93
Returning Member

The R15.1 update resolved the issue.  Thank you both for the help.  I really appreciate it!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies