Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

CBN16
Returning Member

The Turbotax software has an incorrect number for my employer HSA contributions and I do not have access to changing this. How can I remedy this?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

The Turbotax software has an incorrect number for my employer HSA contributions and I do not have access to changing this. How can I remedy this?

what is Box 12 Code W on your W-2? that is where the HSA number comes from.  

when they say 'employer' it is a misnomer because it is everything you contributed via your paycheck PLUS whatever the employer kicked in and should tie to Box 12 Code W on the W-2.

the 'employee' contribution is what you send DIRECTLY to the administrator, outside of your paycheck.... for many, this is zero...and it is a frequent error of TT users 

why do you think it is incorrect? 

CBN16
Returning Member

The issue is that my W-2 has a "previously reported," number, and a "corrected information" for the code W on box 12. 

Turbotax only shows the previously reported number and I need to adjust it to the corrected number, but the software does not allow that.

CBN16
Returning Member

The issue is that my W-2 has a "previously reported," number, and a "corrected information" for the code W on box 12. 

Turbotax only shows the previously reported number and I need to adjust it to the corrected number, but the software does not allow that.

@NCperson 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies