turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cari_j

The State Refund keeps saying incomplete due to form needed for home office, but I already deleted the home office from ,my Fereal, but the CA won't let me move forward.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
JulieS
Employee Tax Expert

The State Refund keeps saying incomplete due to form needed for home office, but I already deleted the home office from ,my Fereal, but the CA won't let me move forward.

In California, you can still deduct a home office on your state return, under some circumstances. The deduction is listed on Schedule CA, so that is why you are getting an error message. 

If you must file right away, you can delete Schedule CA, or you wait a little while until the form is available for e-file. Turbo Tax will automatically update the program as soon as possible, but as of right now, California has not finalized the instructions for Schedule CA

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
cari_j

Thank you for replying. I cannot find anywhere to delete it. There is no option for that even when I start completely over and go through it again.

RobertG
Expert Alumni

Follow these steps to delete the Schedule CA:

1. Select Tax Tools from the left-hand Column
  2. Next Select Tools 
  3. In the pop-up window, select "Delete a form"
  4. When the list of forms in your return appears, scroll down to the State forms, look for "Schedule CA" and delete it.
Gena Pasao
Returning Member

How long is the wait for the Turbo Tax to update the form  2106 for CA? Can you give me the target date?

KurtL1
Expert Alumni

The estimated target date for California Form 2106 is January 30th. This date is only an approximate date. See California Individual Form Availability.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies