turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tax Extenders (8911, 8917 etc) updates for 2018?

Anyone seeing updated forms for the 2018 year so I can file my amendment? Or know when they will be available?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
SusanY1
Expert Alumni

We have not yet made updates to the 2018 amendment software for the retroactive tax extenders.  Once we have finalized all of the changes to the 2019 software, we will work on updating the 2018 amendment software for the tax extenders.  

At this time, I do not have an estimated date for release.

I will add this post to my watch list and come back and let you know when I do see one, though.   I, myself, need to file an amendment, so I am watching and waiting along with you!

If I had to venture a guess, it would be that we would have this ready around mid to late March.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I also am waiting on this update and need to file an amended return for 2018 due to the tax extenders that got passed by Congress in late 2019. Please let us know when TurboTax's software is updated so amendments can be filed. It would also be nice if TurboTax would more widely show the updates it is making to the software and the timeline for those needed updates so consumers know when returns can be amended. I've spent significant time with TurboTax Support trying to figure out why my amendment is not properly processing on the 2018 software and even the Support team did not know why it was not working. I had to let them know of this thread and had to find it on my own. 

I am also waiting on this form. Looks like it is still not available for TurboTax 2018 yet.

SusanY1
Expert Alumni

We now have a sign-up list to be notified once we have updated the 2018 software for the Extenders passed in December 2019.  Please sign up HERE to be notified once we have made those changes to the 2018 amendment software. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Anonymous
Not applicable

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies