turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Residential Energy Credit

Did Congress extend the residential energy tax credit? The tax extender and disaster relief bill by the Senate was incorporated in a House Appropriation bill that passed in Dec. 2019. Any info?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

The Nonbusiness Energy Property Credit that expired at the end of 2017 has been extended through tax year 2019.  However, the IRS has not yet updated the 2019 Form 5695 or the Instructions for the form for claiming this credit.

TurboTax shows the Form 5695 as being available on 01/29/2020.  However, this date is subject to change.

View solution in original post

@mwalker442 wrote:

Hi Guys,

I'm still awaiting the update for the 2018 version. Online updater states my software is up to date, but shows no updates. The recent posts I see relate to 2019. Any help about 2018 version? have not yet filed.

Mike

The IRS has yet to update the 2018 Form 5695 or the Form 5695 instructions for claiming the Nonbusiness Energy Property Credit.  Until the IRS updates the form, TurboTax cannot provide a 2018 Form 5695 for filing.

View solution in original post

31 Replies

The Nonbusiness Energy Property Credit that expired at the end of 2017 has been extended through tax year 2019.  However, the IRS has not yet updated the 2019 Form 5695 or the Instructions for the form for claiming this credit.

TurboTax shows the Form 5695 as being available on 01/29/2020.  However, this date is subject to change.

Excellent, thanks!

Mike

fredrem

Is the IRS Form 5695 going to be ready today...01/29/2020??

thank you!

Fred

@fredrem wrote:

Is the IRS Form 5695 going to be ready today...01/29/2020??

thank you!

Fred

The Form 5695, Residential Energy Credits, is available today.

HelP!  I signed up for notification when form 5695, energy tax credit would be available.  Turbotax notified me it's available, but when I open my return it doesn't load.  The forms in the top bar are shadowed out.  I want to get this gtax thing done! How can I get the form to load into my computer? Thanks.

ThomasM125
Employee Tax Expert

I'm sorry you are having a problem with this. Have you done your updates (Online, Check for Updates).

You may need to clear the cache on your computer. Also, you can try logging in with a different't browser.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
DGK

It's Jan 30th.  Turbo Tax Premier is NOT calculating the residential energy credit in my tax return.  I also do not see the Form 5695 in the tax forms listed.  I have installed all updates.  I called yesterday, spent an hour on the phone with support person who didn't seem to know the product or what she was talking about.  I was promised a call back or an email message to finish helping to resolve this issue only to receive an email message from Intuit a short time later telling me my service call had been closed.  

Additionally, when I called and there is a wait time so I was give the automated option to enter a callback phone number so I could receive a call when it is my turn rather than holding on the phone line for a long time, the system did not record my callback phone number correctly.  I entered the callback phone number on the telephone keypad so it is not a matter of a problem with voice recognition.

So far I am thinking Turbo Tax Support sucks bigtime.  I am very sorry I purchased this product.

@DGK 

Try again.  Click on Online at the top of the desktop program screen.  Click on Check for updates.

Look at your Help and About TurboTax.  Click on the Version tab.  It should look like the screenshot below.

There was a software update yesterday, 01/29, and today 01/30.

I am using the 2019 Premier desktop edition and the 2019 Form 5695 is available.

Updater 2019.JPG

Form 5695 - 2019.JPG

Hi Guys,

I'm still awaiting the update for the 2018 version. Online updater states my software is up to date, but shows no updates. The recent posts I see relate to 2019. Any help about 2018 version? have not yet filed.

Mike

@mwalker442 wrote:

Hi Guys,

Mike

The IRS has yet to update the 2018 Form 5695 or the Form 5695 instructions for claiming the Nonbusiness Energy Property Credit.  Until the IRS updates the form, TurboTax cannot provide a 2018 Form 5695 for filing.

Thanks,

I have auto update on, so I guess I'll be notified when it happens?

Mike

I received an email from TT  that the residential energy tax credit worksheet tax form 5695 for Turbo Tax is ready. yet TT says it is up to date but software program says not yet ready. What is the problem? Why the delay?

I have done the clear cache. After that I did the update 4 times and still no software form 5695 Residential Energy Credits and still not changing Turbo Tax. What is the hold up?

Will the update work on TT Deluxe 2019? I checked version # and nothing listed at all. Weird.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies