lorencbruce

RE: refi on my VA home loan in 2018. I know the VA funding fee is tax deductable in my case, however are the loan originationdiscount points also deductable? .

ToddL

Loan origination fees  (points) are  also deductible, but when you refinance, you have to amortize those points over the life of the loan.

Generally, when you refinance your main home or a second home for personal use (such as vacation property or a cabin), you can only deduct points over the life of the loan. You'll need to take the itemized deduction.

ToddL