turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

crewser16

Property Tax Information Worksheet information required, but I don't have the worksheet. How do I go about getting it? Is there a value I can use from my 1098?

Federal taxes did not require this information, but my MI State Taxes require it. Tried deleting the form as well. No luck.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Property Tax Information Worksheet information required, but I don't have the worksheet. How do I go about getting it? Is there a value I can use from my 1098?

If the system is asking you to input what your property taxes are, and they are not listed on your 1098 (because you do not have them "escrowed"), you can look up the value of the property online and that is going to be the "best effort estimate" you're making which is what the IRS requires you to make if you do not have the information (whether from 1098, receipts, cancelled checks, or the original town/county bill). Just put in the address of the property into any decent search engine - make sure it is pulling up that exact property address and not just one other random property on that same street, and whatever the estimated value is that is listed is what you can use.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies