turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mats_lil1

Property Tax deduction for 2018

Trying to get a head-start on my 2018 taxes to get an estimate before year-end on where things stand.  When trying to enter my property taxes TurboTax states that "the IRS is still updating the 2018 tax laws for property (real estate) taxes. That means this section isn't quite ready yet."

Anybody has any idea as to when this will be finalized (I thought it already was) and available in TurboTax?

TIA

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
Carl
Level 15

While it's my understanding the law has been finalized, until the IRS approves and releases the electronic version of the forms necessary, they can't be included in the program. No idea when that may be either.

I am trying to figure out dollar amount of IRA's I can convert by deadline December 31 without pushing myself into higher tax bracket, but so many forms not yet updated that it is next to impossible to figure out! IRS needs to extend the conversion deadline to 2019 filing date when so much info is still unknown...ugh.

bomboasy

I am trying to enter the Property Taxes in the download version of Premier.  The link to enter the information is blank.  The relevant form is Schedule A.  I enter the data in 2a and 2c.  When I go back to the main page for Deductions and Credits, the numbers do not show, only a $0 still.  Is this section still not done or is this a bug?

I'm also getting a blank page. 

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies