Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My return says I have income from a foreign account, but the amount is $0. I have no foreign account, but cant delete it. how do I delete it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
GloriaL
Expert Alumni

My return says I have income from a foreign account, but the amount is $0. I have no foreign account, but cant delete it. how do I delete it?

To remove this from your return:

1. Open or continue your return in TurboTax.
  2. In the Search box (upper right hand side) type schedule b foreign accounts and trusts.
  3. Click the Jump to link in the search results.
  4. Answer None of the above to Tell Us About Any Foreign Bank Accounts.
  5. Click Continue.
  6. Answer None of the above to Tell Us About Any Foreign Trusts.
  7. Click Continue.
  8. Answer No, I don’t have foreign financial assets to Foreign Financial Assets.
  9. Click Continue

Thanks. I already tried that...twice. Turns out there was something funky with my 1099-INT forms imported from BofA. The software was reading something in an empty box. I removed the forms and manually entered them to resolve.

I was able to resolve this issue by deleting both the 1099-INT and the Schedule B, then re-entering the 1099-INT manually. When we only deleted the 1099-INT it kept it attached to the Schedule B and did not remove the error.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies