turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My EIP disappeared after I entered my son's SSN

I went back into TT for my 2020 filing and entered my son's SSN, after doing so the $1100 EIP credit disappeared from my return and it is stating I only am allocated the $1800 ($1200 + $600) as a max benefit.  He was born in 2020 and it was showing the additional $1100 until I added the SSN.  Any ideas?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Oh yeah ... bet you made one of the 2 common errors when entering a Newborn ...  go back and review the questions in the dependent section and look for these 2 screens ...  read them carefully ... for the months the child lived with you  choose ALL YEAR   and  on the screen where is asks if the newborn provided more than 1/2 of their own support the correct answer is NO ...

child born months 2019.jpgchild born support Q.jpg

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Oh yeah ... bet you made one of the 2 common errors when entering a Newborn ...  go back and review the questions in the dependent section and look for these 2 screens ...  read them carefully ... for the months the child lived with you  choose ALL YEAR   and  on the screen where is asks if the newborn provided more than 1/2 of their own support the correct answer is NO ...

child born months 2019.jpgchild born support Q.jpg

Thanks for the suggestion, I rechecked and all those were marked correctly.  Apparently, I checked the box that said "this SSN cannot be used for employment purposes" thinking it meant he was not working (don't do taxes while tired).  I fixed that one and it is now reflecting the credit correctly.  Thank you for having me go back and check all the questions.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies