turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

clarky67
Returning Member

My 2020 state tax done in 2019 paperwork

Why am I seeing my state done on 2019 paperwork and it's also saying I can't e-file because a tax issue.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Are you referring to the same tax year that your State was "done"?

clarky67
Returning Member

Yes I feel my state was not done correctly, Also saying I am missing paperwork so I can't E-file. My Fed has been E-filed But what I'm seeing is my state done on 2019 where my Fed was done on 2020 paperwork. I feel I should start my state over because it's saying something about statutory employee all I have is a W-2 I do not have extra wages.

Thank you for any help!

Keith

Given that additional information, just to let you know, I cannot see the State to which you are referring therefore I am not sure how they are treating the information that is being transmitted over to that State return.....

Unlike an independent contractor, a statutory employee will still receive a W-2 at the end of the year. A statutory employee W-2 is slightly different from one issued to a standard, common law employee. It is marked to indicate the employee's status as a statutory employee, as seen by a check in box 13.

Regarding the State's use of a 2019 Form, this might be because there were no changes to their form where you are considered. Let me know what State so that I can look into it further for you in order to better respond. Hit save, let me know the State, and we will go from there...

clarky67
Returning Member

Massachusetts and I remember looking at the statutory employee box and nothing was indicated. I am a regular employee with what I think is a regular W-2

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies