turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My ($1100) stimulus credit for my child born in 2020didnt affect my tax return payment. Even though it raised child credit from 4000 to 5100. Will I get a separate check?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

My ($1100) stimulus credit for my child born in 2020didnt affect my tax return payment. Even though it raised child credit from 4000 to 5100. Will I get a separate check?

No, you will not receive a separate check.   Did you go through the stimulus questions yet and enter the payments you already received?    TurboTax will calculate the amount of your recovery rebate and put it on Line 30 of your Form 1040.   And then that amount is included in your tax refund.    The child tax credit is usually $2000 per child.  Maybe the extra $1100 you are seeing is the recovery rebate for your newborn.....Look at LIne 30 of your tax return; is there an amount?   

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Yes I have entered everything about prior stimulus checks and have checked the form with the $1110 recovery credit rebate. It is on the form 1040. However even before I entered all this information about the recovery credit my refund was the same as it is after i entered that information. So from my eyes that 1100 didnt affect anything about my return

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

It seems like your stimulus payment was already reflected in the child credit amount when you mentioned it raised from $4000 to $5100.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies