turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

It says my mortgage origination date in not valid but it is the exact date on my 1098

please help
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
Carl
Level 15

It says my mortgage origination date in not valid but it is the exact date on my 1098

Mortgage for what? Your primary residence? Rental property? Some other real estate?

For whatever it is, you need to check the "purchase/acquisiton date" of the property itself. How and where you do that, depends on what this mortgage is for.

It also matters if it's a 1098 for a refi that you're entering, if the refi was in 2019.

Does the 1098 from your lender have a date in box 3?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

...another ALSO:

"Sometimes" You need all 4 digits when you type in  the year.  

06/06/19 may be a no-go format

06/06/2019  is valid for a date entry format .

In the Online software it seems to vary some....6/6/18  will take as 06/06/2018.......6/6/19 won't

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies