turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Is there a problem with the tax software when adding vehicle mileage to the schedule C of a statutory employee? I drove 10K miles and it wont add the deduction.

Inputted all the data to take standard mileage deduction and it says "looks like you aren't eligible". No other vehicle expenses are added and net income is positive.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Is there a problem with the tax software when adding vehicle mileage to the schedule C of a statutory employee? I drove 10K miles and it wont add the deduction.

As I recall you have to mark the statutory box on the W-2 box 13  and  complete the follow up screens seen here  so they are connected ...  

Screenshot 2021-01-30 144544.PNG.jpgScreenshot 2021-01-30 144653.jpgScreenshot 2021-01-30 144738.jpg

Thanks for the reply, but I already completed those steps and was entering vehicle mileage information on the schedule C attached to that specific W-2 marked as statutory  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies